Friday, October 16, 2009

International Superyacht Society Crew of the Year Award

I just recieved this email from my friend and founder of Yacht Aid Global, Mark Drewelow

Big news,,,, the International Superyacht Society has awarded all Captains and Crew that participate in YAG activity, the ISS crew of the year award. I will be in Florida on Oct 29 to accept the award on behalf of all Captain and Crew that participate.

We have been partnering with Mark and YAG with the yachts good will efforts as we travel from place to place. Mark and I collaborated on the hugely rewarding Komodo School Fence Project as well.

More from Mark Drewelow 30 October at 13:58
It is very late at night on Thursday, actually it is now Friday. I am back from the International Superyacht Society Awards Gala. This is an annual event where awards are presented for Design and Leadership. One of the awards is called the Distinguished Crew Award. YAG was awarded this on behalf of all the Captain and Crew out there that YAG.

There was a 3 minute introduction by Gary of Westrec with a series of YAG slides on two huge screens. I then went on stage to receive the award and say a few words. There were a few tears shed in the audiance. The combinate of the intro, slides and my jumbled words on stage apparently made a powerful impact. YAG stands alone in our industry.

Stay tuned for more information.
Best regards
Mark


I hope that by the ISS recognizing the handfull of yachts that are really making a goodwill effort as they travel, that more and more yacht crews and owners will become proactive in the communities they travel to.

Get involved at what ever level, whether it is contributing clothing or school supplies, cleaning a beach, volunteering at a school or hospital, teaching skills or building a fence it all takes so little time and effort and the reward for all involved is immeasurable.

As a boating community I feel that we generally "take" from the areas we cruise and do not necessarily leave a positive footprint. I believe in Karma as a Captain and I have seen and felt first hand the good coming back to us in direct proportion to the good we give.

I can only imagine what the reception and attitude towards cruisers would be like if the majority rather than just a few of us found a way to contribute in the areas we get so much from.

Tim

No comments: