Sunday, September 2, 2012

Message in a Bottle: Part 2



On my recent birthday in Svalbard Norway, I was very fortunate to be surrounded by an super interesting group of new friends, mostly adventurers and in all representing about six different countries.

Giggi from Austria (our Awesome Arctic 
Guide/Polar Bear Protection), presented me with a special bottle of rum. He told me the story of how the bottle has travelled many miles on the sea and has crossed the Equator and the Meridian a few times. He asked me to carry it back over the equator and towards the South Pole and Antartica.

I gladly accepted the task.

I then passed a card around the room and asked everyone to write a message "to the world" in their own language.

I shared that I would not only take it to Antartica but that I would securely seal the bottle, and with a proper "Message in a Bottle" ceremony I would release it to the Oceans currents.

Then I went on to tell them this story...... (follow the link)

http://sailnxs.blogspot.com/2009/01/message-in-bottle.html

No comments: